WHAT WE DO
We truly believe that the men and women who answered our nation’s call embody the ideals Americans hold so dear. Because they have proven their devotion to their fellow citizens and to a grateful nation, we all owe them the same respect and devotion in return. We are the premier funeral home for providing services to Arlington National Cemetery, Quantico National Cemetery, Cheltenham Veterans Cemetery, and other state cemeteries in Virginia, Maryland and the District of Columbia.
WHY DO MORE FAMILIES TRUST US TO CARE FOR THEIR VETERAN?
WE ARE PROUD TO HONOR THOSE WHO SERVED
Both our founder Nelson E. Greene, Sr. and current owner, Nelson E. Greene, Jr. served honorably in the United States Army. Without a doubt, our professional staff feels pride when we are able to care for a veteran and their family. It is our way of expressing gratitude for their service to the country.
We are committed to taking care of all the details involved in providing the veteran in your life with deeply meaningful and honoring ceremonies. Greene Funeral Home can:
- Complete applications for veterans’ benefits, including Military Honors, Presidential Memorial Certificate and veteran memorial marker or headstone
- Coordinate necessary documentation provided by family to request honors
- Coordinate with national or state veterans’ cemeteries
You will receive:
- The professional services of Funeral Director and support staff
- Transfer of the deceased and professional care
- Cremation services
- Use of our funeral home facilities and staff for a visitation or gathering
- A funeral or memorial ceremony
- Use of automotive equipment
- Online interactive memorial website
- Additional personalization options, including specialized engraving, a moving tribute video
- Storage for Arlington National Cemetery
To learn more about how we can serve you, give us a call. We will be honored to speak with you.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
In short, the veteran must have been honorably discharged. A more detailed list of those service men and women who may apply for, and receive veterans’ burial benefits, with full military honors if they choose would include:
- Military members on active duty or in the Selected Reserve
- Former military members who served on active duty and departed under conditions other than dishonorable
- Former military members who completed at least one term of enlistment or period of initial obligated service in the Selected Reserve and departed under conditions other than dishonorable
- Former military members discharged from the Selected Reserve due to a disability incurred or aggravated in the line of duty.
If you have any questions about your eligibility, or that of a family member, call us at (703) 549-0089. If you have any questions about your eligibility or that of a family member, contact the staff of one of our locations or send us an email using our contact form.
Welcome to Greene Funeral Home | Our professional and caring staff takes pride in providing high quality and affordable funeral services that meet the special needs of your family. We offer a complete range of quality services and are experienced at honoring many faiths and customs.
Greene Funeral Home offers a full line of quality funeral services. We have a wide selection of caskets, vaults, liners, urns, and clothing to fit every budget. We are a full-service funeral home specializing in: Traditional and Personalized Funeral Services, Special Limousine & Transport Services, Funeral Program Design & Printing, Domestic & International Shipping, Caskets, Vaults & Urns, Notary Public, Cremations, Obituaries and more.
Holding a funeral or memorial service for your loved one is a positive first step in the grieving process. Family members and friends get a chance to say their goodbyes and lean on each other.
Most of us plan ahead in life. We plan for our wedding, our children’s education, family vacations, and other significant expected life events.
The professionals at Greene Funeral Home, Inc. have gathered a few recommended resources for your family and friends to use during this time of loss.
814 Franklin Street | Alexandria, VA 22314 | TEL: 703 549-0089 | FAX: 703-739-4952